Dog Friendly Accommodation On The North Coast
Bring your canine family member along: that’s one less thing to worry about when you’re organising your holiday.
If you are interested in finding a walking trail for you and your dog, have a look at some of our suggestions below:
Mountsandel Woods, Coleraine
Within the wood there are basically two linear paths, one along the top of the slope and the other at the foot of the slope, partly following the line of the River Bann. Walkers can combine the two paths to form a circular route, or make use of the steps at the Fort to create alternative routes.
Park at the entrance to Benone Strand (or on beach if area is busy), continue eastwards along beach with views to Downhill & Mussenden. There is a seasonal dog free zone from May – Sept. Boardwalks in dune land may be used for dog walking to reach open beach.
Walk first through age-old dunes, generously dusted with tufts of pale green grasses, then down to the soft terrain of the Bann estuary, where the path follows the river's edge and returns to the beach.
Awarded the prestigious Blue Flag Award again in 2015, Whiterocks Beach has become a favourite with locals and a must see destination for international visitors. Dog restrictions also apply to the eastern portion of the beach from 1st May to 30th September.
Dog Friendly Code
- Up to two small/medium sized groomed house dogs per room.
- Please bring your dog(s) own bed, covers, food, bowls & towel to clean up those muddy paws after a day exploring.
- Some of our housekeepers are wary of dogs, so please make sure you are present if they need to clean your room while you are still in hotel.
- All pets are charged at £15 per night. Payable on arrival and non-refundable.
- A deposit of £50 is payable on booking and will be refunded at the end of your stay if your room is in the condition it was prior to your visit, unfortunately if fixtures and soft furnishing have to be replaced you will incur a replacement charge for these, which can vary between £50 - £250 depending on item (but hopefully this will not apply as we know your dog will be well behaved!)
- Currently we are unable to allow pets in our restaurant or bar areas, but you are welcome to dine and your canine friend can sleep contently in the bedroom (exceptions made for assistance dogs).
- For the comfort of other guests the hotel reserves the right to remove nuisance & noisy dogs from the premises.
- The hotel does not accept liability for any loss, injury or illness to pets.
We hope you and your "best friend/s" will enjoy our new service, but if you have any further queries please telephone our team on 028 7034 4848 before you arrive.