TEMPORARY HOTEL CLOSURE
Sadly we are yet again going to have to close our doors for a third time due to the latest government announcement. The hotel will close after lunch on Christmas Day – 25th December 2020.
A member of our team will be in contact with those who have reservations over this period to reschedule or cancel bookings.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support during this challenging year for us all.
Please stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge Hotel in 2021.
In the meantime, if you would like to plan something to look forward to you can book accommodation online. See you soon!
Your Safety Comes First
We appreciate this year has been a trying time for everyone and that you may have some concerns about safety during your stay. With that in mind, we have put in place some extra procedures to compliment our existing extensive cleaning & safety measures.
It is important that we all work together to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and help ensure the safety of our customers, staff, friends and family. For that reason, we ask all guests, while staying at the hotel to adhere to the following guidance:
- Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
- It is now compulsory that all guests wear a mask at all times in all areas of the hotel. Exceptions – while in bedrooms and when seated in bar and dining areas
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will operate on a booking system only, please book at check-in
- Social distancing is in place in all areas of the hotel. Please be respectful of those around you
- Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
- Use card payment for room charges where possible
If you feel ill, please do not come to the Lodge Hotel, or whilst here please inform management
To compliment the above list and to help ensure the safety & comfort of our guests and staff, the following measures & actions have been put in place:
- Will maintain social distancing at all times
- Have completed in-house training on hygiene and covid-19 procedures
- Will wash and sanitise hands as often as possible
- Will submit to temperature checks at the beginning of each shift and confirm weekly that they are illness free and fit to work
- Will wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for each department
Guests staying with us:
- All guests will be asked to practice social distancing at all times and be respectful of those around you
- On arrival guests will be asked to follow our queuing system for reception and dining areas
- We ask guests with queries to phone reception (dial 0) from their bedroom rather than presenting themselves to the reception desk
- We kindly ask guests to use the toilet facilities in their bedrooms to reduce usage of public facilities and prevent queues
- Breakfast will be served in Elliot’s Bistro or Dining Room, by table service only. Guests will be asked to book a time slot for breakfast to avoid queues and help maintain social distancing
- The hotel will have face masks available for purchase at reception.
- Guests will be advised to provide payment on arrival for accommodation, to allow for express checkout and avoid queues
- Where possible please settle any outstanding bills on the evening before check out, to reduce queuing at reception
- Please drop your key cards in the boxes provided at reception areas
- Reception staff will be available between 9.00am & 9.00pm daily, however, there will be no charging facilities after 8.30pm. All purchases must be paid by credit card after 8.30pm.
Cleaning of our Bedrooms:
- All bedrooms and bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily, the room must be vacated while this happens
- All door handles and doors will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- Guests may choose not to have their room serviced during their stay, to avoid contact with staff. Please advise reception if this is your preference
- Linen will be washed at 60 degrees as recommended by EHO
Cleaning of our Public Areas:
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the hotel for guest use
- Please sanitise especially before entering lift, public toilet areas, reception and dining areas
- Public areas will be deep cleaned on a daily basis
- All door handles and handrails will be sanitized throughout the day
Food & Drink Service
- Reception will confirm dining times on check in. All dining is on a booking basis only, please advise reception of your preferred times
- Tables will be distanced from each other as per regulations
- Maximum of 6 people at a table from two households. Children
under 12 are not counted within the party of six but must be from either of the two
- All food & drink will be based on table service only
- Single use or laminated menus will be available and sanitised after each use
- For payment we ask all guests to remain seated, we will bring bills and take payment at your table. This is to avoid queues at tills
- Last orders for drinks is 10.30pm
- All public areas must be vacated by non-residents by 11.00pm
- Guests may remain in hotel areas but must not consume food or drink
We are working within a unique situation, none of us have experienced before. We continue to monitor government guidelines and will constantly review and change our operational procedures where necessary. While this is not an exhaustive list, we will endeavour to do everything we can to ensure the safety of our valued customers and staff.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge Hotel, Coleraine.